Take That First Step….It’s your Time!

Change isn’t easy. Yesterday’s amazing guest blog shared that journey. (If you haven’t had a chance to read it yet, pop on over and do so!)

Today I want to talk about that first step. That moment when you decide that an area(s) in you life need a change. What does that look like to you? Does it look like an action? A movement? A plan? While all those are valid and can be apart of that initial step, I challenge you to think that change starts with a choice.

It’s a mental decision, a thought, a decision.

The first step in getting anywhere, in changing your path and in creating a new life is making the decision that you are not willing to stay where you are anymore.

It’s a look inside to say you are ready. It’s the thought that you want more and it’s time to find it. It’s the reflection of who you want to be that comes so strong and so clear you can’t help but acknowledge it.

It’s a decision.

Do you need a plan? Do you need a goal? Do you need benchmarks?

All you need is that moment to waken to the possibilities of what could be. All you need is to decide that you are ready, that you don’t want to be in this moment anymore and that it is time.

It’s an internal call to action.

The plan, the goals, the benchmarks will come. That’s the process that creates the road map to achieving your dreams. But, it doesn’t start there. That’s the after effect of your decision.

So, if the weight of “what should I do” or “how can I do it” seems overwhelming and it keeping you from making that choice, take a moment and breathe.

Take some time for yourself. Sit, be mindful of you, of who you are and who you want to be. Look at the reflection of yourself, and when you are ready state out loud that you are not willing to stay where you are anymore.

That is the first step of change. That is the first step to the new you.

new-day

21 Comments

1. Jason

I am sure this article has touched all the internet visitors,
    its really really fastidious paragraph on building up new website.

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Thank you for the comment on the writing@

2. JannVAubin

I for many time emailed this site post page to all of my contacts, as
    if prefer to read it afterward my contacts will too.

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Thank you JannVAubin for posting and for sharing!

3. MyrleAMischo

Post writing is yet another excitement, if you be
    familiar with afterward you can write if not it is actually complex to write down.

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

It can be hard to take what is in your mind and translate it to paper! Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate it! – Shannon

4. XavierFMoura

Bit of writing writing can be another fun, in the event you
    know after that you are able to write otherwise it really is difficult to create.

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Thanks for stopping by Xavier! I appreciate it!

5. DelmyMGodino

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up. The text within your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie.
    I’m uncertain if this sounds like a formatting
    issue or something related to browser compatibility having said that i figured
    I’d post to let you know. The design and design look good though!

Hope you obtain the problem fixed soon. Thanks

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Hi Delmy, Thank you for the heads up..I will check into that!! – Shannon

6. KirkULelis

Everyone loves whatever you guys are usually up too.
    Such clever work and reporting! Continue the fantastic works guys
    I’ve included you guys to blogroll.

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Hi Krik.. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by and saying hi!! I appreciate it! – Shannon

7. GarryBKocian

Hello! I’ve been following your blog for some time now and lastly got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout from Kingwood
    Tx! Just wished to mention keep up to date the excellent job!

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Hi Garry, Thank you for sharing and for give me a shout out! I appreciate you and your post! Thank you!! – Shanno

8. WallyVWiesen

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your
    content. Please let me know. Cheers

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Hi Wally, Thank you for stopping by and I would be honored if you shared it with your group! Thank you for asking and I Hope your day is going amazing! <3 Shannon

9. AmyYGormally

For most recent news you have to go to see web and on the web I found this site
    as a finest web page for most recent updates.

1. Shannon Waites (Post author)

Thank you for stopping by!! – Shannon